Explain Family Visa

Australia offers many Visa types to accommodate the varying need of relatives of Australian Residents and citizens. You as a relative of Australian resident or citizen may choose a visa just to travel to Australia or Live permanent in Australian. Each visa under this category is designed to suit a particular relative or a particular situation of a relative. Therefore it is utmost important for you to understand the nature of the visa on offer, before making an application for that visa.

Following are some of the Family Visa categories

Partner visa

Partner visa is for people who are engaged, married or in a de facto relationship with an Australian citizen. You can be any of the following type of partner to be eligible for this kind of visa.

  • Spouse (Married)
  • Same Sex partner
  • De-facto
  • Fiance

Parent Visa

Parents are eligible to live permanent or visit to Australia if their children living in Australia. There are many visas available to facilitate the parents for temporary and permanent residency in Australia. Each of the parent visas have different criteria to assess the parents for their visa application. Depending upon the visa, you may be eligible to work, Medicare support and family assistance in Australia.

Child Visa

Child visa is applicable for any child that has a relationship with Australian resident or citizen. The nature of this relationship can be any one of the following.

  • Child or step child or adopted child of an Australian Resident or citizen
  • Child whose parents are permanently deceased or incapacitated or any such incident and have an eligible Australian sponsor.

Other family Visa

Other relatives of an Australian Resident or citizen who do not fell in any direct visa mentioned above and meet any one of the following scenario.

  • An aged relative or rely on Australian resident or citizen for all or most of his financial needs
A relative who’s all close relatives are resident of Australia and he/she has more connection in Australia than in the country of his/her residency.