List Work Visa


This Visa allows you to move to Australia if you have the required skills and qualifications in an occupation on the skills shortlist. With this, you must have good command over English. Other than that you should have scored on points relevant to the Australian labour market. In these categories of work visas you do not require a sponsor for the work permit. This work permit allows your partner and family to move with you in Australia.

Skilled Sponsored

These work visas are for those workers who belong to the listed industries in the Skilled Occupation List. In this, you must obtain nomination from a participating State or Territory government agency or sponsored by a relative living in Australia.

Independent Skilled

This visa uses a point's based marking system relating to the Australian Labour Market. Independent Skilled Australia Working Visa will allows you to migrate to Australia if you have skills and attributes which will contribute the most to the Australian economy. In this you do not require sponsorship to apply for this visa.


This visa is for the fresh graduates of certain overseas universities, to work up to 18 months to receive work experience in jobs. This visa is NOT marked on points. With that, holders of this visa can apply for permanent residence at any time if they meet the pass mark on the General Skilled Migration points test.


From 1 July 2012 a new Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa and Employer Nomination Scheme is available. In each of these visa subclasses there will be three streams:

  • The Temporary Residence Transition stream
  • The Agreement stream
  • The Direct Entry stream

Employer Nomination Scheme

This (ENS) scheme allows employers to sponsor skilled workers to fill their vacant vacancies in their business. Employers can use skilled workers from overseas or temporary residents who are working and living and in Australia.

Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme

This (RSMS) Scheme allows employers of remote, regional and low population areas of Australia to nominate workers from overseas or temporary residents working and living in Australia to fill empty vacancies in their business.

Temporary and provisional

This is a three year provisional visa for skilled workers who are not able to match the standard for a Skilled - Independent visa. In Temporary and provisional Australia work visas, you have the chance to apply for PR (permanent residency) after lived minimum two years in Australia or worked at least one year in a Specified Regional Area of the country.
This visa requires you to be either sponsored by an eligible relative living in Australia or nominated by a participating state or territory government agency

Employer sponsored

  1. (Permanent) Employer Nomination Scheme
    Under this scheme, employers in Australia can sponsor experienced workers for a permanent visa to work in Australia. Those hired employees can be from overseas or temporary residents of Australia.
  2. (Permanent) Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme
    This scheme for employers in regional Australia who can fill vacant positions by temporary residents or overseas staff.
  3. Temporary Business Long Stay – Standard Business Sponsorship
    The Temporary Work (Skilled) visa allows skilled workers to come to Australia for work for an approved business for up to four years. But for this, you must be sponsored by an approved business. A company can sponsor someone for this visa if they cannot find an eligible candidate from Australia or permanent resident to do the required work. This particular Australian work visa is for those employers who filling their skilled positions by giving employment to overseas workers for a period of between three months and four years.
  4. (Temporary) Medical Practitioner Visas

    This is for foreign medical practitioners who want to work in Australia for a sponsoring employer for a period between 3 months and 4 years.

Work and holiday visas

The visa allows young people, between the ages of 18 and 30, the opportunity to travel, work and explore Australia for up to two years.